Surviving Working from Home- Improving Yourself
May 05, 2020
Now it’s time to ask yourself the hard questions…do you order pizza for the 100th time for dinner or something else? Ha! Too bad that is not really the question! Remember the to-do lists? Now you are going to make a pro/con list…about yourself. Which, since most people are their own worst critics, is not always the easiest thing to do. But with the less hectic pace of working from home, now is a good time to consider what you are good at and what areas you could use some improvement on. Try to be as honest with yourself as you can be.
- Do you lack skills in certain areas that you need more training on?
- Are you bad at time management?
- Maybe you are great at email and written reports but lack the effectiveness of verbal communication?
- Or maybe your ability to multi-task is amazing!
- You are great at thinking outside of the box and executing such plans that accomplish hard tasks.
- Maybe you are a wiz with certain software your company uses
Once you have your list, be proud of what you are good at. Not everyone has the same set of skills. Then figure out ways to apply them to your job/position to that your potential can be fully accessed. The areas you are lacking in, seek more training or figure out ways to work on improving those areas. It can only improve your performance.